Saturday, January 19, 2008

Ringtones

Hi Everyone!

I did a little updating of ringtones today, and I know that you're all curious about how you sound when you call me, so I thought I would send out the update.

Dad: Green River (Creedence Clearwater Revival)

Mom: Cold Hungry Blues (Po' Girl) This is always a difficult one for me. For a while Mom was only calling when she needed something, so I changed her ringtone to Help! by the Beatles. Unfortunately, this had the opposite effect that I intended, as she stopped calling me altogether (think text messages for help). So I figured this one, since, had she been born in the South, Mom would have been a natural for the blues. :)

Dan: Patton's Speech to the Third Army (George C. Scott) "Men, all this stuff you've heard about America not wanting to fight - wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Americans traditionally love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, big league ball players, the toughest boxers. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser."

Amy: New York State of Mind (Billy Joel)

Mark and Abby: Georgia on My Mind (Ray Charles) It's been this way for a LONG time, but it's a gorgeous ringtone, so...

Rocky: Keep Fishin' (Weezer)

Sarah: Radio speech (Winston Churchill) "Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will say, 'This was their finest hour.'"

Sam: Brass Monkey (Beastie Boys)

Hannah and Dallin: Killin' Me Softly (Fugees) Any family member who NEVER calls, or emails, or writes, or makes any effort to communicate, will hereby have this ringtone.

Julie: Dream in Color (Regina Belle)

Just so you know, I take requests...

8 comments:

Abs said...

I would prefer to have (1) something different than Mark and (2) something different than well, anything related to Georgia. I like country...

Derrick said...

Tiny Dancer by Elton John?

Derrick said...

Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood? ;)

Derrick said...

Shameless by Garth Brooks?

Derrick said...

Hard Headed Woman by Cat Stevens?
;)

Alyosha said...

I like my ringtone! Thanks

Abs said...

Honestly, I am a little partial to the Carrie Underwood song. I think it's hysterical!

Sarah said...

Mine is awesome! It is probably my favorite speech. I'm tempted to get it for all my calls.